Born in the cloud, Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use accounting platform for small businesses and their advisors. The company has 1.6 million subscribers in over 180 countries, with more than 355,000 of those in the UK, and a thriving ecosystem seamlessly integrating with 700+ apps. Xero has won a number of awards in the UK. These include winning the Small Business Accounting, Practitioners’ Choice Award at the 2018 Accounting Excellence Awards, Technology Provider of the Year at the British Small Business Awards in 2017, Practice Software of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards and Best Bookkeeping Software and Friendliest Software Provider at the ICB Luca Awards in 2018.
Why Xero Certification?
Completing the Xero Certification Equivalency Course is a great step towards gaining an extremely solid understanding of all things cloud accounting and of Xero. It’s also great for employability because demand for these skills has never been greater both at bookkeeping and accounting practices and at more than 355,000 subscribers across the UK.
The importance of being Xero certified
Until now, Xero Certification has only been available to Xero Accounting Partners but it’s now available to professionals outside our Partner community. However, in order to become a Xero Partner, staff need to be certified. Totally logical. If a Xero Partner is supporting clients in their setup and day-to-day running of Xero, then it makes sense to be properly trained. We have thousands of cases where all staff in a practice get certified as they see the value – and being Xero certified has already become a prerequisite for candidates seeking jobs at Xero Partner practices.
What, exactly, is Xero Certification?
- The pack of eLearning courses takes about six hours and includes how to set up and run Xero on a day-to-day basis.
- There are also knowledge checks throughout which means the student is assessing their understanding and knowledge as they move through the certification.
- There are twelve modules.
- By the end of it, they’ll be able to set up Xero, run Xero day-to-day, review month end and generate all relevant reports.
- We’ve included another six hours’ worth of additional content free of charge, covering topics like Why Cloud, Why Now?
- It’s ideal for the student’s general skills, knowledge, and continuous professional development.
Once you've successfully completed certification, and start your own Xero practice – or become employed by a Xero practice within 12 months, – then we’ll transfer your certification to that practice on their behalf.
The course usually costs £25+ VAT, but as an AIA member you can get the course for free by entering the following discount code at checkout: XeroAIA2019