On 10 May the Barker Brooks Communications organised inaugral Yorkshire Accountancy Awards took place at the Royal Armouries, New Dock Hall, Leeds.
The Association of International Accountants (AIA), the global body for professional accountants were honoured to be part of the judging panel for this prestigious event, which celebrates the achievements and successes from the region’s best and brightest.
Mr David Potts, AIA Regulatory Strategy Manager attended the glittering awards ceremony and presented the award for the ‘Advisory Team of the Year’.
Competition for the award was intense with the eventual winner being Shorts. Congratulations must also go to Chamberlain & Co. and Dow Schofield Watts who were also shortlisted for the coveted accolade.
Congratulations to all of the other award winners:
- Best Employer of the Year – Deloitte
- Independent Firm of the Year – Watson Buckle Chartered Accountants
- Mid-Tier Firm of the Year – Sagars
- Large Firm of the Year – KPMG Leeds
- New Firm of the Year – Wilson Howe Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors
- Corporate Finance Team of the Year – Dow Schofield Watts
- Advisory Team of the Year – Shorts
- Tax Team of the Year – Deloitte
- Public Services Finance Team of the Year – North Yorkshire County Council
- Trainee of the Year – Faye Sherwood, Sowerby FRS
- Rising Star of the Year – Hannah Barraclough, Grant Thornton UK
- Finance Director of the Year – Stephen Willis, University of Hull
- Brand of the Year – Grant Thornton UK
- Support Staff of the Year – Heather Priestley, Deloitte
- Yorkshire Advisor of the Year – Martin Mellor, Mellor Financial Management
- Partner of the Year – Lee Marshall, RSM
- Managing Partner of the Year – Andy Wood, Grant Thornton UK
- Yorkshire Accountant of the Year – Richard Smedley, Richard Smedley Chartered Accountants
Commenting on the evening, AIA Regulatory Strategy Manager David Potts, said: "First and foremost congratulations to all of the Yorkshire Accountancy Award nominees and winners.
“Thank you to Barker Brooks Communications for inviting AIA to attend and participate as part of the judging panel at what was a thoroughly enjoyable and successful evening.”
Click here to view images from the evening.