You should arrive at the exam venue 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam. The exam is for a three-hour period and you will be given an additional 15 minutes reading and planning time.
During the 15 minutes reading and planning time, you are permitted to read the exam question paper and to make notes next to the questions in the exam script booklet. The Chief Invigilator will announce the end of the reading and planning allowance and the start of the exam, when you are allowed to commence writing your answers in the script booklet.
PREPARATION FOR THE EXAM
- For use in the exam you must bring your own pen (blue or black ink), pencil, eraser and ruler. You are permitted to use correction fluid.
- Calculators are permitted, providing they are noiseless, cordless, pocket-sized, programmable, and without print-out or graphic/word display features.
- You are not permitted to use a mobile phone in the exam hall.
- You are not permitted to take any printed materials, manuscript paper, books, dictionaries or notes into the exam hall.
BEFORE THE EXAM
- You must produce your Exam Notification Form to gain entry to the exam, as well as proof of your identity, in the form of an identity card, passport or driving licence.
- You must arrive at the exam centre at least 30 minutes prior to the start time. If you arrive late, you will only be admitted within the first half hour of the exam, however no extra time will be added.
DURING THE EXAM
- Once the exam has started, you may not leave the exam hall, except to use the toilet or for medical reasons, and only with the permission of the Invigilator. Your exam script must remain on your desk. If you leave the room without permission, you will not be allowed to return.
- Strict silence must be observed throughout the exam. Mobile phones are not permitted. If you require information at any point, you should consult the Invigilator.
- You will receive an exam script to record your answers, and additional sheets of paper are available on request from the Invigilator.
- You will be assigned a specific candidate number on the front of your Exam Notification Form, and this should be used on the exam script and any additional sheets. Your name must not appear on the script or additional sheets.
- Your answers must be written legibly in blue or black ballpoint pen.
- If you record answers on additional sheets, you should insert these in the back of your exam script. All working papers should also be inserted in the exam script.
- You must comply with the instructions appearing at the top of each question paper. Failure to do so will result in a loss of marks.
- You must stop writing at once when the Invigilator announces the end of the time allowance.
- You must hand in your question papers to the Invigilator at the end of the exam; you are not allowed to retain the question papers.
- If you are found consulting any printed materials, manuscript paper, books or notes during the exam, you will be disqualified.
- You must not communicate with, receive assistance from, or copy from the paper of another candidate. Infringement of this rule will result in the disqualification of both candidates.
- You will not be allowed to leave the exam until the three hour exam period has elapsed.