- How do e-Books work?
- What do I have to pay?
- Can I access more than one e-Book at a time?
- Can I download the e-Book to more than one machine? (i.e. laptop and desktop, laptop and iPhone, etc.)
- Can I print off the e-Book?
- What does the 15% print restriction actually mean?
- Does it work on Kindle?
- What other devices support the e-Books?
- Is the access online only or does the e-Book actually get saved on my computer and can I move it around?
- Do you have a quick guide to Digital Editions
- Can I read the e-Book on my iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch?
- Are your e-Books able to be used with screen readers/accessibility software?
- I have a problem with Adobe Digital Editions, who do I contact?
- My token says it is not connecting and cannot download
A: e-Books are read using Adobe Digital Editions. This is free and can be downloaded. Please ensure you have registered an Adobe ID and downloaded Digital Editions before purchasing an e-Book, this will speed up the process.
Digital editions allows our eBooks to be read on PCs/Laptops/Netbooks/Tablets(Windows, Mac, Linux, Android). They can also be synced to most eReaders, Android and Apple devices using approved apps such as Bluefire Reader, Copia and many more.
A: £10 per e-Book.
A: You are entitled to access three e-Books at a time (unless you wish to sit all four papers at Professional 2 at one session, when you can access four). Once you have successfully completed your exams, you can request tokens for the next e-Books for your exams. Or if an e-Book is updated, AIA will inform you and you will be able to request the new version. Please note that we are not responsible for ensuring that you have the current edition of the e-Book, this is your responsibility. Please complete the email form to request tokens for your e-Books.
A: You can use the download link on only one machine. The e-Book will need to be opened with Adobe Digital Editions and authorised with your free Adobe ID before you can move it onto up to a total of three devices. It will be validated against your Adobe ID on each machine or device. Details of how to make your e-Book portable are explained on the Adobe Digital Editions FAQs page.
A: Please note that e-Books will only allow the printing of 15% of the book to paper, you will not be permitted to print any more pages than this print allowance. If you intend to print certain pages, we advise that you check you have enough paper to complete your print, so as not to run the risk of exceeding the print allowance by having to make a second print attempt.
A: This will allow the printing of only 15% of the e-Book, i.e. if the book is 200 pages, you will only be able to print 30 pages – but you will be able to select them individually if you choose.
A: BPP have begun developing their books for the Kindle and hope to have the entire range of BPP titles available on the Kindle store very soon.
A: The e-Books work on almost all other eReaders as well as Macs, PCs, Apple devices and Android Devices. For a full list of supported devices please see here.
A: The e-Book is downloaded and saved to your Digital Editions library on your pc or laptop. After downloading, you no longer need an internet connection to access your e-Book.
A: Yes, click here for the quick guide.
A: Yes, follow these instructions to find out how.
- Install Adobe Digital Editions and obtain an Adobe ID
- Download the e-Book to your PC/Mac and authorize with your Adobe ID
- Install Bluefire Reader on your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch (Bluefire is available from the iTunes App Store)
- Connect your device to your PC/Mac and sync with iTunes
- In iTunes, Content on the Bluefire Reader app can now be managed. Add the e-Books to Bluefire Reader and Sync
- Eject the device once Sync is complete
- Open Bluefire Reader on your device, you will now be prompted for your Adobe ID
- The e-Books will now be validated and ready to read in Bluefire Reader
Any future e-Books can be synced to the App with iTunes quickly and easily. Find out detailed instructions on the Bluefire Reader Website.
A: You can contact Adobe directly, they support all their software 24/7. Alternatively, uninstalling Digital Editions, restarting your machine, reinstalling and authorising with your Adobe ID can fix many issues.
A: A common reason for this is your firewall may be blocking your ability to download. Please allow your firewall to download items.